Monday 14 October 2013

Ill Post

So currently I am on my sofa in PJ bottoms with a hot water bottle, blanket and a warm up teddy. I feel better than I did yesterday but still rather weak, I hate being sick and with having a 6 year old (not really a problem) and a 4 month old, well lets say I felt like an awful mum.

So today I went the doctors with 3 problems:
- A shoulder issue which has been affecting me since late pregnancy, its all achy and hurts quite a bit. I have been putting off going the doctors about it.
- Earache, my Mum said it use to affect me a lot when I was younger. It makes me feel rather dizzy but my warm up teddy (Pedro is his name) helps.
- Vomiting and (unfortunate for you all to know) diarrhoea. This came on late afternoon with a burning sensation in my chest (which I assumed was my indigestion from pregnancy - I am not pregnant anymore so it should have gone)

My doctor was not the nicest of people to be honest, he was a bit of a prick. However, I understand that it must be quite stressful for him when you have to do quick appointments. Manner do not cost anything is the saying I wanted to use on him. I was grateful that he checked out everything for me, my shoulder he has referred me to physio... YAY (not - if its at the hospital I doubt I will be able to go).
Then he checked my ears, he saw no problem except a gland which feels a bit swollen. He has put it down to my indigestion, when I lie down he thinks the acid is coming up and burning the glands... which I am not sure about but I am not a doctor. He has given me some tablets to repair my throat etc as he thinks during pregnancy I have burnt it and its not had time to repair...

I did put on my FB page "Could this day get any worse" I don't tend to put those posts but I was at my wits end with sickness. I barely slept last night and my youngest didn't sleep well either, so today I am very tired. I was so grateful that people asked me if I was ok within minutes of the post, it shows you that they care! Even my partners Mum said I should have contacted her (she has actually looked after me when I had one of these ill sessions) but I thought my partner would be back shortly so didn't bother. However, it is times like that, that I realise how badly I miss my Mum. My Mum would have come round and sorted everything! But that's the problem with living on the other side of the country, instead I just moan to her down the phone - she's a great Mum. I wish I could be half the Mum she is.

1 comment:

  1. Nat you're a fantastic mum, don't put yourself down like that. Josh and Harry both adore you, that's proof enough!
    We all love you lots, you're a lucky lady! :) If you have physio at the hospital, i can take you or look after Harry or both of the boys. Can't have you missing it as it'll do the world of good! xx

    ReplyDelete