Sunday 22 December 2013

Christmas: A time for family and friends (Part 1)

Last night I was dressed as an elf at Bee's Murder mystery (Journeys are my Diary) I am sure she will post about it! It was very Christmassy, we even had a very yummy Christmas dinner and bribed/stole/paid people with candy canes for secrets etc. I ended up with over 60... I only took 20 home since I wouldn't have eaten them all, even if I am a sweet-alcoholic. Anyway, the reason for this post is because I don't feel Christmassy still and I wanted to share a few things.

My Mother - The best in my eyes, she is a bargain hunter and even though we were poor we didn't go without at Christmas. We got a main present then a few other ones (not including the stockings from Santa), we were never spoilt which I am grateful for! We had a reasonable mountain of presents that fit under the tree (except when we got bikes) and I hope I can pass this on to my children... We never went abroad but we went butlins every year so I am grateful for my mother and she does not get the recognition that she deserves.

My Father - Although he irritates me at time (with crappy jokes) he is still my Father and I love him! He has changed a lot in the past couple of years (he had cancer so he realised what was important in life but he has had the all clear last year - they still check on him however). He does have a caring side and Christmas would not be the same if he actually got home on time from the pub!

Jane - She is my oldest sister (I don't think I have spoken about her before), she was addicted to drugs but should be drug free now. I hardly see her or her children, although we spoke on the phone a few days ago (Where she told me she has liver disease among other things). I remember how she use to be, when they visited us and we would chat about nothing.

John - My only brother (I have spoken about him and his depression). If you were to ask me how he was, I couldn't tell you. The last time I heard anything about him was when my nephew (his son) gave him a black eye. Although I love my brother I wish he would realise how he neglects his family (his little one and his father). My mother (although step-mother to John) and Father have not seen them or the kids for a while now which saddens me.

Carrie - I don't know how much I can share with you about Carrie right now, but I am uber excited and I hope it all goes to plan! We have been a lot closer now I am older (There is quite an age gap between us all! Except Amber and I) and I love the fact she now confides in me!

Amber - When we were younger we fought a lot more but these days we seem better! She is so like my father at times, although I am sure she doesn't see it, they have the same kindness (random and thoughtful). She spoils both of my sons and has gotten the oldest into football... yay...

That is my family when I was younger, I have my own little family and of course my friends which make a different family too!

Merry Christmas, I am hoping to do another post shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment