Monday 12 August 2013

Being a Mother (part 1)

I know I haven't posted in a very long time so firstly I am sorry but for the past 8 weeks I have been looking after my newborn son. He is obviously adorable to me, I am not sure how others perceive him and nor do I care. This particular post is not about the upsides of having a newborn, I don't want to scare any body nor put them off having children but this is what you need to know.

Pregnancy

Do you think it will be a fun time? You are thinking it will be a wonderful joyous moment, first kick and that pregnancy glow! Well let's say it is not like that for everyone...
Morning sickness - It doesn't just last the morning and you don't always throw up (I just had nausea)
Indigestion/Heartburn - It can feel like you are having a heart attack and it can be so serve you throw up (which I did have)
Blood tests - You should only have a few but then they will find you have low iron or something else so then you need to have a billion blood tests
Jabs - Now you have a flu jab and whooping cough. The flu jab gives you a sore dead arm and the Whooping cough makes you ill so you feel like shit
Expanding body - now if you are slim its more than likely people will assume you are pregnant. However if you have an average or above it is more than likely people will assume you are getting fat until your bump improves (I had someone say to me "Oh you are pregnant? I just thought you were getting bigger" aka fat)
Break outs - spots appear at the worst time, sometimes single other times clusters (I have always had spots but being pregnant makes mine go away)
Endless appointments - you have quite a few with your first and with your second its normally less (unless you are me and have issues so get a lot of appointments that you feel like you are taking the piss with work)
Scans - These you can dread, you worry that something will be wrong but when it is all ok you sigh with relief
Hormones - people think it is an excuse or that it is something they will be fine with and ok sometimes that is the case but then you can get the other end where you cry for no reason.
People - the worst of it is other people. They think when you have this big pregnancy bump they have the right to touch, push and poke your bump. They think its ok to ask "oh is there more than one in there" when it is just one and the scans TELL you it is one (it is VERY unlikely you have a second or even third in your bump without someone noticing)

There is SO much more and some I did not experience so feel it would be unfair to say about it I cannot give a true reflection. Part 2 will be about birth and just after...

No comments:

Post a Comment