Tuesday 26 March 2013

A New experience


I don’t tend to talk a lot about my pregnancy (Or I hope I don’t) I have no desire to flaunt it in people’s faces nor do I want always talk about it. It does pop up in conversation occasionally but I think that is mainly due to the fact that I look massive for a 29 week pregnant person. So today, I am having a little talk about something pregnancy related on my blog so people get a choice.

One of the issues that can occur in pregnancy is palpitations, now I have been pregnant before and did not experience palpitations like I have with this pregnancy. It started off as the odd one, then I use to get them quite often – around every couple of hours. I told my midwife, who told a doctor who checked me over then sent me for an EGC (on Christmas eve). The results came back normalish but they referred me to cardiology, they said the appointments can take a while and hey presto we have an appointment for today.

My appointment today, I thought I would have an ECG but no. I sat on the bed with my top half exposed and had my heart scanned. I can only compare it to having an ultrasound, I could hear my heart the way you can hear your child’s and if I looked at the screen there was a picture of my heart. It was the strangest appointment I have ever had, the noise of my heart was bizarre to me like a squelch but at the same time it is amazing what this world can do!

So that was my appointment, strange yet amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment