Saturday 23 February 2013

A week away at my Mums Part 1

Saturday
I drove down to my mum’s in Nantwich, which is a small town in Cheshire – it’s quite lovely but a bit boring at times. Tom (my partner) always says it’s where the old people live and I guess it’s true in away but who can blame them. It takes me about 2 hours and a half to get there which is ok but I struggle due to an ankle injury which causes it to stiffen up and hurt. I didn’t do anything this day, although this was the day I found out my brother didn’t want to live anymore and attempted to take his own life…
Sunday
I went to a pub call the Peacock (http://www.pub-explorer.com/cheshire/pub/peacockhotelnantwich.htm) with my sister’s Carrie, Amber, Matt (Amber’s partner), Jodie (Matt’s daughter) and Josh (my son).We spent most of the time outside so the kids can run round in the play area which is more designed for 2-3 year old and seems completely pointless! Amber, Matt and Carrie all ordered their dinner (I had mine) they had a sharer which went down well and no issues there. Then we went inside where the kids got ice cream and we all got dessert, I had a chocolate fudge cake which was lovely! Some of the staff were lovely however there was a rude gentleman behind the bar which irritated me when I was ordering.
Monday
I went up town with my Mum, Dad and Josh however got into an argument with my father over Josh to which my dad stormed off because I would not allow him to speak to Joshua the way he did. So my Mum, Josh and me went to the sweetshop (http://nantwich.cheshiremarkettowns.co.uk/food-and-drink/mr-simms-olde-sweet-shop-p110571) best sweet shop in the world! Good value for money and a pick a mix what more could you want! Then we went to get Joshua so astro turf trainers and shoes from wynsor shoe store in Crewe (http://www.wynsors.com/) it’s cheap and they have lots of choices.
Tuesday

Joshua and myself went up town to meet Nic Nic (Joshua’s Godmother and my lifelong friend) we went Chatwins for lunch (http://www.chatwins.co.uk/) which wasn’t too expensive but can be if you are eating in. I had a meat and potato pie which had a bit too much pepper in for me but I do not like seasoning, Joshua had a sausage roll which he didn’t eat but this normal for him so nothing to do with the sausage roll. After Nicola went, mum, Josh and me went to the candle factory (http://www.cheshireworkshops.co.uk/candle_workshops.php) which is great, you can paint models, make a badge, make a candle, paint a candle holder and more! It’s fun for the kids but the costs can add up if you don’t get an offer. We paid £11 for 4 items which is a good offer! Joshua enjoyed it and I recommend it for children. There are items for sale too, quite a few actually like the candles made my professionals which are quite fancy!
That’s it for today, I will update again tomorrow.
Out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment