Sunday 17 February 2013

Pet peeve's of the day


I thought I would be one of those people who would not use this blog to rant but more to say my opinion on trivial things, but today I feel a lot has gotten to me and I need an outlet. I can't post everywhere and plus the people that I know won’t know about this blog.

#1. People thinking Mothers who don't are "cop" outs!

Firstly I am a WORKING mother; I have a full time job and have one child then another on the way. But seriously, do these people have ANY idea, kids ARE a full time "job" (I say "job" because they are our love and joy so we class it as life and would do it regardless) We are with them 24/7 pretty much, we wake up at 3 o’clock with them, clean them up if they are poorly and pretty much run ourselves mad doing stuff for them! I know single mums and mums with partners (father of the child and not). To put a child in Nursery full time (normally 8 - 6 since most people work 9 - 5ish) it costs £600 - £700 and if the government help (if you don't earn too much) it cost about £500. Imagine that, and then rent, bills, food, petrol, clothes, shoes etc. - can you honestly say some of these mums are better off working?!?! I would rather not work on occasions because I miss my child - some people don't understand that some people CANNOT work because it's just not affordable especially if you are on minimum wage!

 #2 People who say they are broke yet spend shit loads on crap

"Oh, I am so broke... but look at this cute dress I brought from Debenhams - it was a bargain only £35" £35 is A LOT! For Christ sake I can live off £17 for food, if you are broke don't spend your money on shit for you! That includes a "bargain" - it is NOT a bargain if you don't need it. If you say my kid has grown out of the shoes and I have no more pairs - YES it's needed but if your kid has a couple pairs of shoes that fit and aint wrecked, you do not need it! That includes stuff for you, there is WANT and NEED. Wanting is something you don’t need and needing is what you cannot do without like toilet roll!

#3 finding out something when really you should have known 18 months ago

Found out my brother has been on anti-depressants for 18 months then the other day decided to put a bag over his head in an attempt to kill himself, I can’t stand people who commit suicide because to me it’s selfish but I do understand it’s a mental problem – I just struggle to apprehend something like that because of the impact it has on the kids and family. Like the impact it’s having on my sister-in-law and their 3 kids who are old enough to understand what suicide is. I am not the one who needs to know that but it would be nice for my dad to have been in the loop so I didn’t have to see him cry! (He has only ever cried two times now, once at my Aunty Jean’s funeral and the other day finding out his only son is suicidal)

 #4 Sandwiches (or anything along that) that have mayo in and not say on the package

I HATE mayonnaise (not as much as one of my friends because I can scrape it and she can’t) so why the hell if it says “Just chicken” do they then put mayo on it. It should be chicken sandwich with mayo – some people DO NOT like mayo! Give them side pots or sashes of mayo so they can add it, I rather that than taking a bite out of a yucky mayo infested sandwich!

I do have a LOT more pet peeves but they are just the ones I want to moan about today!

Out till next time

2 comments:

  1. Nice to have a good moan and here is a great place to do it, hope writing it all down helped even a little.

    Have a good week, remember Ice cream!! <3

    ReplyDelete