Tuesday 19 February 2013

Who are you thankful for?

I have been reading quite a bit, whether it’s a news article, blog or even a book. I have realised a few things on my way, to a point where I find certain reads frustrating and pointless, yet I still read. What I want to discuss is the fact no one hardly ever says thank you anymore, or give credit to the people that have helped them. I am not saying I am perfect I reckon I have forgotten a thank you in my time or said wow gee that’s really nice of you, you didn’t have too.

Tom – my partnerAs much as we get on each other nerves, been through rough and calm – we are still here. I struggle sometimes to express my feelings, that are normal but he should know that I do love him. He is always there for me (although he doesn’t bring me a cuppa when I am poorly), but he does clean the house, do the dishes (even if it includes a dishwasher) and he is SO good with Joshua (our son). He wants to work as well, he does but he does not get the thanks there he deserves. Some people might disagree with that but he works damn hard and he loves his job.
My Mum My mum is not my best friend, I don’t have that sort of relationship with my mum, she is my mum. She gives great advice, always willing to help where she can and spoils Joshua (and my soon to be baby). My mother does not have a bad bone in her body, she puts up with us all through all our faults and no one thanks her for what she does. I love my Mum, I wouldn’t change her for the world nor would I change my upbringing.
My best friends I am lucky to have at least two best friends in my life right now, one I have known for ten years if not more and one I have known for a while but we have been very close now for a few years. Hollie is the one I have known for years, she always listens to my craziness and is sometimes crazy with me! Bee is the one who I have come close too, I rant to her too and she gives great advice, we have funny chats and she is always so thoughtful. I couldn’t ask for better best friends, they each get me and I love going to see them. They do little things for me, which is always unexpected (Like getting tulips on Valentine ’s Day as me and my partner don’t celebrate this – we don’t care for it). The never get enough thanks for what they do and they have both done a lot in their part, present and most likely future.
Lastly but never least
Joshua and my soon to be babyI will never be more thankful than I am to have Joshua or the baby I about to have, Joshua although has his moments, is a well behaved child and so polite. I hope his baby brother will follow in his footsteps (but avoiding our Joshua food issues) and I am sure that Joshua will be a great big brother!
Thanks to all those I know and love.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of things to be thankful for indeedy! You've been a fantastic best friend for many years, always there and always listening. I always remember how we used to fall out at school, we'd ignore each other and then suddenly we'd be chatting away again from such a simple thing like asking if the other wanted to play a card game! I don't think ym life would quite be the same without you in it, Love ya xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up after holiday and wanted to comment so you knew I'd seen this. Have a little gift for you from Paris so hopefully get to see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete