Saturday 12 October 2013

Footie Mad

My family is obsessed with football, by that I mean my Mother, Father and my sister who is only 18 months older. Ever since we were young we had to attend Crewe Alexander's football matches (The Alex or Crewe for short), I remember going and in the end I hated it. People yelling abuse at footballers, watching them kick back and to - URGH. When I was old enough I could stay home by myself and I loved it.

Then my oldest son came about and of course my family got to him. He adores the Alex even though we live 2 hours away, when we are over there he watches them and currently owns the home and away kit. So when he was old enough I took him to Soccertots, he loves that too. Only problem was I would have to stand out in ALL weathers, but now he is ok with me sitting inside whilst he plays. This year they are training for next year when they will be in teams and I am actually getting quite into it. Although I wont be telling my family that, I enjoy watching him play and I get annoyed when he hand balls or is silly.

Today we had several silly moments, the first moment was when he fell over and hurt his knees - he cried. Normally he doesn't cry about this but I couldn't even cheer him up and in the end the coach came over to get him - which worked. Then when I was having a cup of tea inside, he comes over from the pitch and is crying AGAIN. This time one of his friends stole the ball and they weren't suppose to. I said it was just a game, if he keeps getting upset we could go and not come back. I then got up to go to which he runs back to the pitch and plays again. During the match he even used his hand so he doesn't get hit in the face so I tried to explain that he cant use his hands. He just doesn't want to be hit in the face but one of his friends got whacked with the ball in his face so hard he fell back with it, did he cry - NO. So at the end I have realised I have raised a soft boy... I am proud of him and love him to bits. The only downside is me - I have wrapped him up so much he can't even take a hit from a ball.

*Bad mum who has ruined her son's chance at being a footballer* ;)

1 comment:

  1. Lol he'll toughen up eventually, he won't stay wrapped up in cotton forever. Evan is always whining about a tiny thing that, to me, shouldn't really hurt that much! But with you telling him how is it and sending him back on he will be fine! xx

    ReplyDelete