Wednesday 23 October 2013

Rand Farm

So, I haven't wrote anything for a while and it's not like anyone really reads these posts other than my friends. I have been beating myself up - inside - not actually hitting myself etc. You know, like when you are down you see all your faults and nothing good about yourself. But I am not going to get into that, I don't want to.

So Sunday I took my oldest son (now 6) and three of his friends to Rand Farm, it was his birthday treat but not a party!
All the kids I have ever been with have LOVED Rand Farm, it is a farm (of course) with an outdoor play area and indoor play area. The animals were not the favourite for the kids, I bought 4 pack of animal feed thinking it would only be my son who wouldn't feed the animals (I tend to do it to show how there is nothing to be scared of). There was one boy who fed the animals, the other two chucked the food at the animals and I fed them nicely. The main problem was the kids would RUN every where until one of the kids fell over, I felt awful but he wasn't hurt. He got a little wet from the puddles and his hands didn't even have scrapes on, after a little hug and hand holding he was fine.


So as you can see from the map it's pretty big and its not too bad price wise - £8.95 per a person (including kids but under 2's are free) and they also do family tickets as well which makes it a little cheaper. I then paid £1 per a quad for the children to go on the electric quads, which they enjoyed. After that they wanted to go to the indoor play area so that is exactly what we did, we arrived at 10:30 and it was about 11ish when we went into the indoor play area. Then around 12 is when the first tractor ride starts, so we had a ride on the tractor, it gets real close to the cows and the kids love that! After the tractor ride we had lunch, which was rather interesting, I had told them they had to eat two sandwiches (it was one normal size for an adult cut into 4) and they all did this. They all ate really well and one kid (who is skinny) ate 2 jam sandwiches, a packet of cheese and onion crisp, a small sausage roll, 5 mini sausages, a yoghurt, chocolate biscuit and an apple! I was really surprised but I guess I am so use to my son eating like a sparrow (just like me when I was younger except he eats veg!)

After lunch we went on the cycle go karts, then to the outdoor play area which has LOADS to do from trampolines to the norm (swings etc). After a while it got cool so we went back inside to finish the day in the indoor play area. We left about 3 ish, so we were there for about 5 hours and when the weather is nice you could stay there for so much longer it opens 10 - 6 in the summer. It is worth the price and even then you can get offer like one adult goes free when paying full price for a child.

Check out the website: Rand Farm Park

1 comment: