Wednesday 2 October 2013

On a mission

I have no idea what the weather is like near you but here in England it's raining (no surprises), so on the school run as you can imagine I got soaked! I have been in a worse situation, the wettest is by far walking over a bridge with my bestie Bee (Journeys are my Diary). Drenched to the bone, I don't think I have ever been so soaked and as much as I love the rain, I don't want to be that wet again!

Now I want to get to the actual post (how lucky are you guys getting so many posts off me!). I am on a mission to lose weight (just hope I can stick to it). Now, you have no idea how hard it is to restrain myself for sweet food or how hard it is to lose weight. I am currently a size 14/16 but I use to be a size 6/8. It's quite a difference right? When I was younger, I use to be VERY thin like you look like you will break thin. I weighed about 6 stone until I went to uni, at uni I went up to 7 stone, then I got pregnant for the first time and went to 14 stone... Again a huge difference, I basically doubled my weight. I never had to worry what I ate, I could pig out or just not eat. Falling pregnant for the first time, I actually felt hungry and the doctors told me that I needed to eat meat (I was a veggie for 5 years). If I didn't eat meat, I would have gotten seriously ill, so I gave up being a veggie (although you couldn't class me as one as I hate vegetables). I would eat McDonalds A LOT and gained lots of weight.

With my second pregnancy I let go when I was trying for a baby, but I didn't add on as much weight as last time and after my second baby I weigh the same as I did before I was pregnant (NOT 14 stone, less but I don't like telling people). I was so anxious about putting on weight I carefully monitored myself.

Now, it is time to go down some size, I do not want to be a size 6/8 because I looked ill. I personally would LOVE to be a size 10 but I will quite happily be a size 12 which is more realistic (I hope!). So last night I went on my first powerwalk with my other bestie Hollie aka Momo to me (A Touch of Magic) Powerwalking sounds daft but 3 months after my baby, having done no exercise it's perfect because I cannot jog for the life of me. However, I am hoping it will work up to a jog and then a run. So we have to powerwalk 3 times a week, for 20 minutes and then next week we move up 5 minutes until you are doing an hour. In between if I have time I will be doing other little exercises to keep toned. I just hope I keep up with it to lose the weight, wish me luck!

Till next time

2 comments:

  1. Loving all these posts of yours! should really get back to doing some myself but I;m lacking inspiration!
    I've been doing a few squats, lunges and backwards push ups. Hoping it tones me a little! Jogging will probably start after a few more weeks, or maybe wait til we get to 1 hour? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Write about anything! I normally do ;)
      I've been playing on the Kinect (it makes me do squats :()
      I think we will need to wait until we get to 1 hour and do that for a little while before we start jogging

      Delete